Pre-nuptial / Post-nuptial Agreements
Creating a strong foundation for your future together.
Pre-marital and Post-marital Agreements, also called prenup and postnups can provide structure, clarity, and a pathway to a successful marriage by eliminating one of the most powerful marital stressors – money. A prenup provides a financial framework for you and your spouse to be to create a sound financial future. A postnup can support a marriage that has been shaken by money issues or personal issues that married couples may encounter.
At The Aikin Family Law Group we have decades of problem-solving expertise to help you reach your goals and create the best possible agreement for your future.
Pre-nuptial and Post-nuptial Agreements can:
- Ensure a predictable and orderly transition should the couple divorce.
- Establish the status and ownership of property in the event of separation, divorce or death.
- Address the issue of spousal support in the event of divorce or separation.
- Address goals and philosophies concerning money and estate planning.
- Address ownership of death benefits or insurance policies.
- Create a clear understanding of how the family finances will be handled during the marriage and in the event of divorce.
- Protect the assets and income of the couple from the unknown consequences of marriage, divorce, and death.
Our Prenuptial and Postnuptial Approach:
We approach each prenuptial and postnuptial negotiation with integrity, dignity, and creativity so that you can plan for your financial future, including estate planning, taxation, and the protection of business interests. We do this by:
- Facilitating full and accurate disclosure of the income and assets of both parties.
- Documenting the financial disclosure and the negotiations involved in creating the agreement.
- Helping you determine the disposition of assets.
- Recommending other professionals such as CPA’s or tax experts to assist.
Plan for the future and meet your goals At The Aikin Family Law Group. We are experienced in crafting and enforcing prenuptial and postnuptial agreements that establish the rights of both parties, and help you protect your interests.
To learn more about creating a prenup or postnup agreement, please call us at 407-644-4040 or contact us to schedule a consultation.
Why The Aikin Family Law Group?
Our lawyers are leaders in conflict resolution, known for helping families restructure and regain strength while protecting children and their financial futures. We have created an office culture that offers comfort and stability to clients who are facing some of the most difficult decisions of their lives.